Re: Soda blasting

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Soda blasting
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:04:18 -0500
Kirk, Are you applying fiberglass over bare metal?  What type?  It seems
like you should start with an etching primer before.  I know there are
alot of different "systems" but I am curious (I'm just learning).  Is
the clear you are shooting a "high solids" product?  It seems that
starting with 800 grit would be a little rough unless you had a thick
clear coat.  I had a bunch orange peel (used wrong size needle), and I
was able to quickly flatten it with 1500, then jumped to 2500 in most
places.

Trevor