Wiring Diagrams

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wiring Diagrams
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:38:09 -0600 reply-type=original with any abuse report
Some of you are already familiar with the beautiful wiring diagrams put out
by Doug at Prospero's Garage (http://www.slash5.com/mgautos.html). For those
who are not, Doug produces lovely 11 x 17" wiring diagrams that do an
amazingly good job of aproximating the physical layout of the car. I have
the "Midget 6" diagram which covers the 1972 to 1977 models. It is not
perfect, but it comes much closer than Haynes. I recently suggested that he
add the Bugeye diagram to his lists since he had already done all of the
other Spridgets. I just checked and behold he has added it to the list.

I bought mine from him over eBay (I don't think he uses eBay any more) quite
a while ago, but it didn't show up. I contacted him and got a sob story
about having had his computer stolen and that he was going to have to draw
them all out again and re-create everything. I assured him that I wasn't in
a hurry for it but that I would rather get the diagram eventually than to
get my money back. I forgot about it (on of the secrets to a happy life is
knowing which things to forget) until last February at the Chicagoland MG
Club's annual swapmeet. Lo and behold, Prospero's Garage was one of the
vendors! I introduced myself and explained that I was still waiting for my
diagram and he promptly handed it to me. It has a rather heavy lamination on
it making it quite rugged. I have used it extensively this year and I know
for a fact that it helped me find some problems which Bentley and Haynes
would not have found. As I said, it is not perfect; my diagram still shows a
generator and regulator (which is technically correct for the beginning of
1972, but not for the rest of the run), and the tachometer movement is
represented as a light bulb. Doug has assured me that he intends to break up
the 1972 to 1977 diagram so as not to try to cover so many years, even
though that is the way that Haynes shows it. I guess I will buy some more of
these. Actually, I already asked Doug if he has a price break for buying a
complete set of Spridget diagrams...

No financial involvement, but I thought that some of you might be interested
to know that the Bugeye diagram is now available.