Re: NO LBC, OGC instead

To: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NO LBC, OGC instead
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:12:40 -0800 (PST)
--- Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com> wrote:
> Any listers out there familiar with old German cars?
> I have a friend
> that is looking at a 1959 Mercedes 220s

My grandfather bought one new in 1959(!).  He drove it
daily into NYC until his death in 1968.  My father
then had it until 1973, when he sold it to a neighbor,
who in turn sold it to another neighbor.  By 1977 or
so, everyone on the block had owned it at somepoint,
one guy twice.  The car had over 300,000 original
miles.  When it finally died completely, we all hauled
it off to the scrapyard, then the entire block got
together for a "funeral" party for the car that people
are still recovering from.

Not sure what to look for specifically, but by design
the thing was built like a Panzer tank when new.

=====
Ron Soave

"Race fans, I had inferred from my one trip to the Brickyard 400, fell into one
of two categories: tattooed/shirtless/sewer-mouthed drunks, and their
husbands." - Steve Ruchin

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo