Austin Healey 'Jeep'???

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Austin Healey 'Jeep'???
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:09:23 -0500
  I picked up one of those magazines full of car ads at a local gas station a
couple of days ago and there was an ad for an "Austin Healey Jeep"
  Did AH make any kind of Jeep-like vehicle in the 1950s??  I've never heard of
such a thing.
  The pic in the ad looked like one of the old Tootsietoy Jeeps.  Appeared to
be complete, except possibly for headlights.
  For anyone who's interested in calling, here're the ad contents:

  '1954 Austin Healey Jeep'
  Rolls Royce engine,  RH drive
  Runs,  rare find,  $3500 OBO
  Rock Hill, SC
  (803) 324-4597 or 328-8043

  For anyone looking for Rock Hill, SC on a map, it's just off I-77 about 20
miles south of Charlotte, NC.
  Ed in NC