73RWA - what to do with it? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: mg <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 73RWA - what to do with it? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:47:18 -0800
I love my 71, so I need to decide how far to go
with this 73, balancing work-in and money-out.

1275 Engine was rebuilt - we could see the fresh
hone  marks in the cyls. Stock. Rivergate kit and
the right 210 5-speed tranny now installed. DPO
had tried to use an earlier tranny. It jammed the
piloto bearinga and the engine wouldn't turn over.

Body is straight, some light rust near RH A post.
Nasty yellow/lime paint. The interior is rough.
Top and tonneau okay. I wanta keep the hardtop.
Wheels are the later rostyles. Pix avaiable.

The first owner we know of, in the early 90s,
had the engine rebuilt and was working on fitting
the tranny when his wife passed away. He sold it
to a used car place and they passed it on to a guy
that loves TRs and Tractors (one in the same).
He sat on it, covered, for at  least 10 years and
then I got lucky.

This car would look gr8 with Dk Blue or Maroon
paint. RWAs are always sleek-looking. I have
enuf on my plate as it is, so paint it and offer it
as a runner?  Want to save me the trouble?

David McCartney  Captain Rapture
                  Northern CA
71 Midget: Lil Boomer
73 Mini 1275: Cutie Pie