RE: Garage Projects

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Garage Projects
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:46:12 -0600
Rick

Not all cars here are fully metricificated yet ... case in point is the
power steering pump on our Jeep ... darn thing had about 10 bolts I had to
undo (to get at the water pump), half were imperial, half were metric (and
yes, they were all original) ...

To add to this, later that same day I had to remove the steering column
cover and to my shock a big "Lucas" was stamped into the turn signal
mechanism, which I figured explained the imperial bolts on the power
steering pump ... obviously ...

Bob
'75 midget (with a metric thread on the ZS carburator linkage nut)