Re: NLBC-January in Scotland - long

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NLBC-January in Scotland - long
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:14:45 GMT j0GIFuAC001532
Interesting post, David.

Of course, our Christmas and New Year's
day are pretty "quiet" days also, relatively
speaking, weather notwithstanding. Totally
normal.

OTOH....
with OPEC fair trading the cost of "basic"
power (up about 30% or so from a year
ago) I don't see things really getting better
over the long term for any of the free societies, most especially the
relatively more weak economies of some, to begin
with. And when people don't have jobs
(or reasonably decently paying jobs), things
usually go downhill from there, socially
speaking.

People must realize (somewhere along the
line, hopefully!!) that we took the USSR down economically. Same can happen to
all of us, one way or the other.

Osama said his objective was to bankrupt the US economy. Makes sense and I
totally
believe him and take him along with Hammas, El Qaeda, Hezbollah and other
Muslim Fundamentalist Terrorist groups
very seriously. They are not kidding, fight
a no holds barred fight and consider it an
honor to die for their cause. Tough to beat
this combo. Japanese proved this in WW2.

It is the US protective military umbrella
which protects all free nations and thus,
their economies as well. If the US "go's", we
all go! And considering that "PC",
votes and cheap labor are more important to our "corporate" government than
shoring up our borders and following our
own immigration laws (most especially in the case of our Southern one), I
expect things will get worse before they get better.

For all I know, this is the plan.....gotta get
everyone on board to win a war, after all.

And Pearl Harbor proved that.

Cap'n Bob
'60 Frog

Of course, our Christmas Day and New Year's Day are pretty "quiet" days, also.