Re: Heater switch removal

To: Dick Byrne <lindalnhvt@nhvt.net>
Subject: Re: Heater switch removal
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:53:06 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dick Byrne wrote:

> Can anyone share with me how to remove the heater switch from the dash.
> I'm working on restoring the dash, etc on a 62 Sprite and can't seem to
> take apart the heater switch. I can't figure out how to separate the front
> from the back.

Remove the "H" knob by finding the hole on the underside and pushing in
the spring loaded pin with an awl or thin nail.
Once the knob is off, remove the chrome nut with needle nose pliers or
that specialty tool from British tool made for the switches and nuts
like that.
Unhook the 2 wires from the heater cable where they plug into the harness.
Unhook the heater cable from the heater box flap under the bonnet.
Now pull it out from inside the car.
You can also disassemble the heater cable if you have faith.
I look at it this way, if it's broke, I can't break it any worse.
And I like to see what made things tick so I always disassemble things
like this to see if I can fix them. I usually can. You have to pop out
the ball on the end of the cable from the slot on the dash end of the
switch. Now pull the cable out, lube it up, fix the wires if they are
loose or broken and hopefully you can put it all back together.
It's one of those Sunday afternoon type projects.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ