Re: Bugeye at Barrett-Jackson

To: <Ankitterer@aol.com>, <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye at Barrett-Jackson
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:04:00 -0000
In the UK, I was brought up on all the old Imperial Measurements.
I can still remember strange mesurements of rods, poles, perches,chains, not
to mention pounds shillings pence farthings and so on.  All long before any
form of creeping metrication.
And yet, in the UK car engines have always been in cubic centimeters . Odd!
Even now, I am just not familiar with cubic inches: they give me no clue
(unless I do the sums to convert to cc's)  If someone said their new Ford GT
had a 58cu inch motor I would have no idea whether to be impressed, or to
fall off my perch with laughter!

Guy
UK