RE: Street legal "bits" for Bugeye

To: "Mike/Donna Carpenter" <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Street legal "bits" for Bugeye
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:58:35 -0800
Mike Carpenter wrote:
"Hi fellow Lotus Seven driver,

I am curious.  Why in the world do you need to wear a helmet if you use
Brooklands?  I drive my series one every possible chance that I get
throughout spring, summer, and fall and have never felt the need or want of
a helmet.  I don't even use goggles just my regular spectacles."

Mike,

Does not your head stick above the screen? I read on the Lotus Club forum
that Seveners with Brookland screens were wearing helmets, so I assumed they
would be necessary.

With the full screen on my Seven, I definitely need goggles. It can be very
dusty around So Cal, and after I got grit in my eyes a couple of times while
driving the Seven, I bought a pair of Wiley goggles.  With the Bugeye
cut-down Lexan racing screen, your head sticks above the screen, hence the
need of a helmet - unless you are willing to risk having a stone or other
flying object hit you square in the face.

JLC in San Diego
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.