FASPEC--Stan Huntley

To: <spridgets-owner@autox.team.net>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, <morrisminors@smartgroups.com>, "Morris Minor" <Morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: FASPEC--Stan Huntley
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:40:29 -0800
Hi all,

Last Wednesday, Stan Huntley, founder of Faspec passed away from Colin Cancer.

Stan was a real fan of British cars of all types.  When I first started doing
business with him in the late 60's he had a greenhouse full of T series cars.
Why a greenhouse?  Because he had no other cheap storage space!  He sold used
parts like a crazy man.  Modified his Morris Minor PU for racing.  Made one of
the earliest disc brake conversions for it, along with a pioneer Datsun
adapter kit.

He founded FASPEC racing and parts store.  Later sold the parts division to
Jimmy Singmaster.  It still is a going local and regional parts house.  Stan
became involved as a broker of exotic British cars, later doing more than Brit
cars.

Stan had recently undergone a complete routine physical and given a clean bill
of health.  His Dr. suggested there was no reason to undergo a colonoscoby as
he was in good health.  Less than 6 months later he was diagnosed with colon
cancer.  He became a genuine crusader of telling all his friends and anyone
else within earshot, that this is something they should not put off, but have
this exam and have it now, medical insurance or not.

Services will be private but his widow Pat says a wake/memorial/party service
will be held sometime in the future.  If there's anything Stan loved, it was a
party!   I hope I get invited, 'cause it's sure going to be a good one!!

Good bye, Stan.  You were a great character.

Paul a