RE: lightweight billet steel flywheel/Tilton race clutch

To: "'BOB KRAMER'" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: lightweight billet steel flywheel/Tilton race clutch
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:31:35 -0800
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
I don't think so, but you can get a Quartermaster clutch that fits on the
typical lightened steel flywheels (mine is a Cambridge) with minimal machine
work. I'm using the two plate rally clutch. Hooks up right now. Talley Ho.

By the way, I tried Gran Turismo 4 this morning on the playstation we have
around for when the grandkids or nephews visit. I was very
disappointed--with the standard PS2 steering wheel the cars were almost
uncontrollable. I mentioned it to a friend and he said the standard wheels
suck, you need a better one. Went to the local game store, and they hooked
me up with a Logitech wheel that is actually MADE for this game.

The result is incredible. I spent way too much time this afternoon racing a
lotus Elise around Laguna. It's real. My shoulders ache. I screw up at the
same places I do on the real track. When you make that turn under the Dunlop
bridge you can carry way too much speed and still catch it because it turns
up hill. Simply amazing how precisely real it is. You can feel the FIA curbs
in the wheel--exactly as they feel. Not close to real--exactly real.

I thought the old Grand Prix Legends was pretty cool, but this is light
years better.