Oil Pump - My GT6 has one that is not the early or late model - ID?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pump - My GT6 has one that is not the early or late model - ID?
From: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:49:02 -0500
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
As I build up a second race motor, I keep comparing to the one I already have.
The "original" motor has a pump with several key differences to the early and
late pumps I have, which match the photos in Kas' 1st (recent) book on page
130.
- more rounded body - bolt castings are more integrated.
-discharge is more of an elongated slot that matches the block casting, then
the rond holes on stock units
-Pickup goes off at an angle, like the "late" model, but the body is six sided
rather than rectangular, and this one is either original or modified with a
short piece of pipe threaded into it and a bulb shaped screen on the end.

so, what is it (TR6?), and are there any benefits to it, such as the improved
discharge?