[Fwd: Reassembling/reinstalling engine: preferred order]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Reassembling/reinstalling engine: preferred order]
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 0:23:18 +0000
My "local British car parts supplier" mentioned that on one side, the motor
mount (rubber part) should be left on the body bracket on one side, and the
other side it should be installed to the engine plate, anyone have the skinny
on that?
Dan

The motor mount on the driver's side should be left attached to the frame.
Unbolt the rubber pad at the mounting flange on the engine plate. On the other
side, unbolt the mount from the frame. Wobble the engine around as you set it
to get it on the mount still bolted down. The reason for this is the steering
column is in the way on the driver's side and you won't have to do that 1/4
turn at a time thing with a small wrench to tighten down the mount bolts!
Installing is so much easier this way!!!

I always use nylon straps around the engine to lift with. They are cheap, you
don't stress any blind holes or studs, and you can easily tilt the engine/trans
to get it in. Jack the back of the car up and leave the front wheels on the
floor when you hoist the eng/trans combo into it. You won't need the really bad
angle or have to go very high that way.

Kent
1960 Bugeye