re 1275 heads x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: mg <spridgets@autox.team.net>, John.Deikis@med.va.gov
Subject: re 1275 heads x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 20:58:41 -0800
I sent this earlier and it dinna show.

Hi John.

I used to "DO" heads, ala Vizard and al that.
AA/1300 heads are about the same, except for
the provision for air injection. They don't take
much port work to be great.

If you want to be optimizing, reach with your
middle finger into the intake port and see if
there is a dumb lump right in the middle of
the inside of the corner.

Taking that out is good as well as flowing the last
2 inches of the inlet. Cut down the guide boss if
you've pulled them. I'd just do the minimum on
the guides, shining them up with a slight taper.

It doesn't hurt to read what Vizard has to say.
I like the idea of the mix approaching the valve
seat already curling to cross the threshhold.
I think rimflows are a great investment, at least
for intakes.

Don't sharpen the peak that divides the flow
1-2 and 3-4. Grossly opening the port seems
silly , since we trade velocity for volume.

Spring is coming!!! Pass it on

David McCartney / Captain Rapture