948 A series Operating Temp

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 948 A series Operating Temp
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:56:01 -0800
What is the correct operating temperature for a 948 sprite A series motor?
The book says Thermostat opening Temperature is 149 to 158 degrees.

So would the ideal operating temperature be like 155 degrees?

The reason I ask is that I am using a Electronic sender off the head
and a TR6 temp gauge and I need to figure out what temp the coolant is
in relation to the gauge.

thanks