Installing an Electric Fan

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installing an Electric Fan
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:38:46 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to switch over to an electric fan on my 73 Midget.  I
would like to install the fan as a puller however, there is only about
1 3/4" between the radiator and the water pump pulley.  I plan on
moving the radiator forward about 2 - 3". I was going to build a new
shroud then I read somewhere (not here) that I could use the shroud
from a 1500 because it is a few inches thinner to compensate for the
longer 1500 engine.  Anyone know if this is true and if it would fit?
If so does anyone have a 1500 radiator shroud they are willing to part
with?

Also, I ordered a 10" Perma-Cool Fan from Jegs 900CFM.  My 1275 is
basically stock and I was wondering if you think this will be good
enough to keep the engine cool around town and on the highway?

Thanks,

Greg