Re: Whyisit - Rear hubs leaking

To: MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: Whyisit - Rear hubs leaking
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:13:50 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,

What I mean is that when you insert the bearing into the hub it doesn't
go quite all the way.  It might seat into the hub, but the edge of the
bearing will be higher than the side of the hub that the axle bolts to.
I'm talking about a very slight amount that the edge protrudes above the
surface of the hub.  This keeps the axle flange from seating completely
on the surface of the hub and causes a leak.

This seems to be a fairly common problem as I have experienced it myself
and know several others that have, as well.

David.