Re: Breaking In Oil

To: KGB <kgb@frontiernet.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Breaking In Oil
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 03:07:19 GMT j2U393B9001504
Well....

Dave Vizard breaks his motors in on Valvoline 10-40 so I am quite sure Castrol
20-50 will do just fine, assuming it is correct
for the current outside air temperatures
existing.

I agree with your oil change philosophy Kate, while breaking in a motor. I do
it the
same way to remove metal contamination
which one is bound to get to one extent or
another as the new parts "mate" with each
other (no sexual overtones intended here so don't even think of going there
other
listers!!:).

The thing is to change the oil/filter frequently during break-in to keep it
clean
of metal particulates. And if you're thinking
of going synthetic in time, wait 'til you've
got a few thousand on it or maybe even the
first 5k. You can't "break in" without friction and synthetics "ain't got none"
in
this respect and rings aren't the only things
"breakin' in"! :):)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog