Re: Fiat Spider

Subject: Re: Fiat Spider
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 07:54:48 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ron Soave wrote:

>  It's in decent shape, no visible rust, but evidence of welds/bondo
> previously. $3350 on the window, but it could certainly be had for a lot
> less.  Anyone interested, let me know and I'll take a closer look.

Ron, should you look for anyone, look over the frame CLOSELY!!!
Years ago, when I first got my Midget, there was a friend who was redoing a 2000
Spyder (that is the model, not the year). He had reworked the top end (dual
overhead cams, IIRC), painted the car, done the interior, the front brake
system, etc. He had driven down for a visit, and we were out running around back
roads, enjoying our little cars. On his way home, he exited the interstate, and
while turning off the service road (for you northern list members, that is a
side road that runs parallel to the interstate) onto the road that takes him
home, his lower A frame rips out of the frame, mounts and all.
He gets it hauled to Vic's Motorsports (the local Fiat guy) and gets under the
car. There were tears in the frame EVERYWHERE! He had to throw the car away, as
it was not repairable.

Caveat Emptor.

Brad