Re: [midgetsprite] First Visit to Harbor Freight

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] First Visit to Harbor Freight
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 10:28:04 -0500
I buy lots of stuff from Harbor Freight.
Yeah--I make regular forays to Harbor Fright and have been generally happy
with my purchases.  I think if one is a professional who depends on his
tools
day in and day out, their tools would not be for them.  But when you use a
tool
as an occasional hobbyist, they are just fine.  Everything, I mean
EVERYTHING
is oriental-made.   8^)

--David C.
************************
I buy lots of stuff from Harbor Freight -- but nothing where I don't care if
it breaks a couple of years down the line and needs to be tossed.

OTOH, I learned early that there are many times where paying for quality the
first time saves having to replace junk with a quality product later and
paying twice just to end up with the same thing.  Harbor Freight and others
of the same ilk give you what you pay for -- nothing more, nothing less.
The problem arises when you pay 50 cents on the dollar of what a real tool
costs and then expect to get the same quality.  Ain't gonna happen.

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
58 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."