Re: Front sway bar vs a arms

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>, Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front sway bar vs a arms
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 18:29:48 GMT j48IULJZ004103
DOH!!!!

Oh, man. And I suppose your new A-arms
do not incorporate the double rather than
single grease fitting on the small end either, Lester? Both these upgrades being
readily available from those A-arms sold
by AHSpares (JustBrits) for one. Oh, well!

All I know is they came pre-drilled, Lester,
for the stock drop links.

The front sway bar adds directional stability
by compensating for the original oversteer
built into the original design. It takes some
of the low speed tossability out of the car
at lower speeds as well but the payoff is
better higher speed directional stability/
handling.

I had a 3/4" bar on my BE for limited access
highway stability. I've removed it since I'm
doing 99% town/suburban driving these
days since retirement. Don't miss the bar
at all and the car is a lot more fun to drive
around town with at lower speeds utilized
today.

Cap'n Bob
Basic (bar-less) Frog
at lower speeds now utilized