Re: carb tuning.

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: carb tuning.
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 13:08:03 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Bill:

Good choice on the 1966 Sprite.  we have one, too.

As the jets go up, the mixture is leaner.  As the jets go down, it is richer.
If you put the wrench on the nut, looking at the carbs, and push to your right,
the jet goes up, and is leaner.

Starting point for me is set by observing the top of the jet in the throat of
the carb, and make it level with the floor.  A working starting point for me
from that point was, I think I recall, as much as 19 flats down.  I don't know
the jet and needle combination; it will make a difference.

If your rebuilder is supplying them 9 flats out, he likely turned them down from
that "level with the bridge/floor" point.  Just keep track of how far you move
them.

"can i use R/R, L/L or is that backwards"  Unfortunately, that's backwards.

Jim