Re: Dropping (popping) out off reverse

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dropping (popping) out off reverse
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:54:53 +0100 (BST)
Yeah Right! <smile> The things BMC did to make sure you guys were safe.......

The real trick is to become fully proficient in reversing with one hand whilst
using the other to hold the gear lever in place.  When it gets around to
needing replacing it will drop out of first and there will be that 'two-stage'
feel to the gearlever as it tries to fight loose from your iron grip holding it
in place.

Youse all see?  Improve your grip, arm muscles, driving skills and
co-ordination all in one go

Guy  R Day

MICHAEL CARPENTER <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

That was actually a BMC "safety fast" addition to all of their
transmissions. Sometimes they even did that pop-out safety valve on some of
the other guys to make sure that you obeyed that "safety fast" in forward
speeds as well.

I hope this helps.

Mike C