Re: Re: dilectric grease

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: dilectric grease
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:15:12 -0400
My dad was a truck driver/contractor.  He used to put a grease that he called
"industrial vaseline" in his light sockets.  It looks to me like white lithium
grease ( just found some in a small bottle when I was working at the basement
reno ).

I think that the purpose was twofold.  It served as a shock absorber for the
light bulbs so that they lasted longer on the rough roads that he drove on and
when they did go out, you could remove them easily.  He checked his lights
often and replaced them asap to avoid the hastles of getting stopped by the
police and getting 24 hours to report, etc.  If they did stop him, he usually
tried to fix it on the spot.

Robert D.