Aluminum jack!!??!!

To: <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Aluminum jack!!??!!
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 12:42:42 -0500 reply-type=original
Cc: "Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brads post on aluminum floor jacks at Harbor Fright renewed my quest for a
new floor jack. First I must admit that I am a cheap S.O.B. and have
mastered the art of avoiding the impulse buy.
I went to H.F. and saw the 119.99 1-1/2 ton jack (different colors cost
more).
 also had bigger jack stands on my list. Well, a cruise through Sears found
a similar Craftsman jack for 99.00!!!
One of the advantage I see for the aluminum one is the low initial height (2
1/2 to 3 3/4) and weight. After checking "heft" of various jacks I discover
that they are not that much lighter.
Any other thoughts on places that sell jacks?
 I did find taller jack stands at a garage sale for $10.00 for 4. (39.99
pair at H.F.).
My hint here is to shop around. I have a list that I add to when a tool is
needed.
How many times have you said "this would be easier if I had a
Longer/shorter/
wobbley/ratcheting/on a stick/magnetic/whatever slightly different tool".
Even had some of these tools show up in my christmas stocking and makes sure
SWMBO has access to the list too.
Bruce (TX)