Re: Can colortune help me???

To: pilotrob@webtv.net, livinginthepast3@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can colortune help me???
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 02:41:40 EDT
Just a thought on the Colour Tune.  On my 1960 MGA I used to use it to get a
perfect bunsen blue everytime.  But on my 1275 Bugeye I have never been able
to get the flame below yellow.  However, with that said, the Bugeye runs
fantastic and does not smoke or give any indication of running rich.  This is
also
true when I check the plugs.  So - in the case of the Bugeye I just threw in
the towel regarding the Colour Tune.

I also tried a host of things to get the flame to lean out to blue.  I did
not however get into changing out the needles - just kept the regular ole
.090's
in there.  The float mechanism seems to be on target as well.

Kirk
Vomit Yellow Bugeye