Re[2]: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing This?

To: KrkLH@cs.com
Subject: Re[2]: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing This?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:06:13 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hello KrkLH,

       ok, i see all the other replies (but one) are telling you how
       fast and great they are at pulling and reinstalling an
       engine/transmission. those guys have all done it so many times
       they can do it almost sleepwalking, (or drinking beer, same
       thing)... you want to know as a fist timer what to expect in
       the way of time allotment. correct?

       i helped (i almost never do anything like this on my own!!, i'm
       not the most mechanically inclined guy out there, and never
       worked on cars at all till i got "the red thing"... my brother
       in law pull the engine in my square body in a couple of hours.
       he had never worked on a british car, but DOES have mechanical
       ability.... ... ..we put in back in in an evening, he helped me
       get it in place, then i did the rest, in a couple of hours. ..

       Paul A and i pulled the engine and tranny in about an hour and
       a half, but that was my second time taking it out so i knew
       more about what to detatch.. and Paul knows EVERYTHING. ..

       expect to take an evening, after work, or a saturday morning to
       take the stuff out... don't forget to MARK YOUR WIRES!!!! ..
       also take a little extra time .. use a digital camera and TAKE
       PICTURES BEFORE YOU START, and along the way, as to how thing

       ENJOY! don't take it too seriously.. .. work a little, and
       ponder.. work a little more. .. you're not trying to set any
       records, your trying most importantly of all.. NOT TO GET
       HURT!!!

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com