RE: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing This?

To: <KrkLH@cs.com>, <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: RE: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing This?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 12:32:57 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I just stand in the engine compartment and lift them out, but  I'm known for
a weak mind a strong back (which, by the way, will become Larry Daniels
official Thicko nickname after the recent Flounder garage move.) ( I believe
Frank subscribes to this practice as well.

The motors also come out pretty easy with 2 guys... a 4x4 on your shoulder,
and a chain wrapped around it attached the engine. It's harder on anything
newer than a Bugeye, due to the core support for the radiator on the later
models.

At the Fall Festival, with Tutone and Peter the Parts Pimp observing, I'm
standing in the engine compartment, and have the engine in my hands, above
the car, negotiating a path to set it down, when Dr. J, a well known
Cheatin' Dog racer, (and King of the Obtuse) comes up on a moped, and
without even a thought to what I'm in the middle of, asks where the tire
distributor is. "Umm.. I'm a little busy right now, Dave!".