Re: It's Alive, It's Alive

To: "'spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It's Alive, It's Alive
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 05:48:05 -0800 (PST)
Hey Brent,

I was in a similar situation after I rebuilt both
carbs and about a year later they were both leaking.
The leak was right where the tube meets the float boal
and due to crappy new rubber gaskets.  I ordered 2 new
tubes (beacase I didn't know you could get the gaskets
separately) and it came with a note from Mo$$ saying
that new fuels may cause the rubber gaskets to soften
and leak!  Although, the old ones probably lasted 30
years?  I think they just got a bunch of sh*tty
gaskets cause the new ones don't leak at the moment.

Anyone got an aluminum MGB hood taking up space?

John MacDonald
Bedford, NH
59 Frog
70 B