Re: end of driving season--now of smokuing

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: end of driving season--now of smokuing
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:42:22 -0800
Cc: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Jim Johnson wrote:

>So can I just smoke until I need glasses? ;-)
>Cheers!!
>Jim - who quit smoking when they installed the stent in Dodge City

 I was smoking three packs AND a pipe (the results of a first career as
a reporter/editor).  For some unknown reason, I just decided to quit.
It was so so easy and pain free.  All it takes is clean living, good
moral character, pure thoughts, Herculean determination, and a good
professional hypnotist.  That was on October 19, 1990, and it cost me
$100.  I cannot begin to calculate how much money I have saved since.
Especially on trips to England where cigarettes are now $9.90 a PACK!!!
(Gee, and when I was in the Navy back in the Mesozoic, they were $2 a
CARTON!!!!)   It seems to me that the worst zealots when it comes to
condemnation of smoking and smokers are themselves ex-smokers.  Not me.
Although I  have not had a cigarette since quitting, I do enjoy lurking
around those smoking to get the whiff of their second-hand smoke.

Does anyone else find it strange that although it requires big notices
on cigarette packs about the dangers of smoking, the government
certainly enjoys all of the tax money it generates from the sales?  (In
England, the warning notices take up half the face of a pack!)

Buster