2006 A.M.E.C. Historic Ice Races on Lake George

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 2006 A.M.E.C. Historic Ice Races on Lake George
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:38:02 -0500
Hello everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to thank Bob Williams for allowing me to post here to
address your group. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is
Michael Kamm and I am the VP of the Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club,
[A.M.E.C.]. 2006 will be our 41st year of ice racing on the frozen lakes
of upstate New York. I would like to let you all know that on Saturday
February 25th, we will be holding a very unique Historic Ice Racing event
at the Lake George Winter Carnival. Just as in 1965, the rules are very
liberal. All you'll need is a helmet, a fire extinguisher, and a set of
winter tires. Although full safety equipment is welcomed, you don't need
a race prepared vehicle to run. I'm bringing my early Datsun B210 street
car. We are accepting cars to 1974. Some '75 to '79 cars may be accepted.
Simply contact me with your request. This is a chance for you to break
out those old studded tires once again! We race on 1.5 mile custom plowed
frozen road courses and operate with a very strict no-contact rule just
as you are all accustomed to. This rule has been very effective in our
weekly "Street Legal Unstudded" Class. In any case, we hope we have have
peaked your interest, and that you will read more about this very
exciting racing experience we are all looking forward to. There is an
entire informational thread with pictures on the Classic Motorsports
message board forum here:
http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10076. We hope you
will take a few moments and take a look at it. There is also a thread on
our own message board at:
http://com4.runboard.com/bamecmessageboard.fmainchat.t235.

I am available to answer questions via email: mkamm@juno.com or
telephone: (518) 674-0520 most anytime. We hope you will consider this
event and join us for some great fun during your off season. We've
already got almost a dozen classic Saab 96's signed up, including Vintage
Saab Club of North America President Bruce Turk's rally car, compete with
a full rallye prepped  smokey three cylinder 2-stroke in it!

Best regards,

Michael Kamm
A.M.E.C. VP
Historic Race Coordinator