Re: Ebay Sellers--an shill bidding

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Sellers--an shill bidding
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:46:12 -0800 reply-type=original
I don't worry about shill bidding, because I SNIPE any auction I want to
win.  With DSL broadband connection I can make bids in the last few seconds
of an auction.  I decide my maximum I am willing to pay and  if the auction
has exceeded that before it ends, I don't bid.  If the auction is below my
maximum, I wait until about 5-10 seconds before the auction end, enter my
bid, and bam, I own it, or I don't.  But no one has time to "raise" my bid
and find out what I might have been willing to pay, as well as I don't have
time to second guess my maximum if it wasn't enough...  If the auction ends
at 2am and I really want it, I set my alarm for 1:50, go to the computer,
and snipe it then.   I know there are computer programs out there that will
do this for you, but it seems unsporting that way.  My wife have made a game
out of seeing who can get their bid in closest to the end of the auction.  I
think our record is 3 seconds.

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/