Re: Installing Miata Seats

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Installing Miata Seats
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:19:50 -0600 reply-type=original {sentby:smtp 24.15.214.89 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
>I picked up a set of Miata seats for my 1500. Those of you that have
> done it, how did you install them? Did you use the Miata rails, and
> drill new holes in the floor? If you used the Miata rails, how did you
> deal with the angled ends?

The angled ends bend straight very readily. Yes, I used their slides. Yes, I
am back to my original seats. I would recommend cutting off the location
spikes on the Mazda rails. Be VERY careful when drilling holes for mounting
the seats -- remember that you have several critical tubes like fuel and
brakes (and emissions) right where the inner holes will want to be. The
seats do fit nicely, but you will lose some adjustment. I was never quite
happy with the positions I could use, so I reverted to my original seats.
The holes are quite close to where the original mounts are, but not quite.
YMMV
David Lieb