Re: Was GM going down, no LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was GM going down, no LBC
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:17:59 -0800
"I would use some string to hang a Coke bottle inside the door lining.  Boy,
I'll bet people were pissed."

Buster, that salesman must have worked for Chrysler too. In '68 I bought a
new Plymouth Satelite that had a strange clunk in the left front. After many
trips back to the dealer without any resolution, the company area rep
authorized some real exploration of the problem and they began to strip down
the left front of the car. Even with the left front fender off the car along
with the hood the clunk was still there. The left front suspension was
totally replaced yet the clunk was still there. There was one sealed area
between the inner fender lining, the A pillar, and dash that couldn't be
accessed and the noise seemed to be coming from there. So they cut a hole to
see inside and found a coke bottle hanging on a string!

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye "Frogarri"
'61 AH Sprite "Ole Gray"
'71 MG Midget "Freebie"