Re: Bugeye Color/Paint Question

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Color/Paint Question
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:47:24 -0800
On Nov 23, 2005, at 6:05 AM, Willis, Ben wrote:

> I have read that under the bonnet everything was "blacked" out. Does
> this mean that black was sprayed over the body color or that the
> engine
> compartment was painted independently?
>

> I have also heard of red and black primer being used. Does anyone know
> of a god source for answers to these questions online?

Ben,

All of the body is painted the same color with the exception of the
radiator supports and the rails forward of the radiator supports
which were painted black.

On the last paint job, where we went to bare metal, the car was
primed in a red rust inhibiting primer and then a gray sanding
primer.  Bear in mind that my car is Nevada Beige.  These were all
PPG products.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)