Re: P.S. Can anyone think of anything else we should obsess over?

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: P.S. Can anyone think of anything else we should obsess over?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:03:34 -0600
I had forgetten about the double doors on the C47/military DC3's. I imagine
alot of the -3's had these added as they were transferred to cargo roles later
in life. Real interesting to see all the DC3's being worked on at OSH over at
Basler Aviation, turbine conversions and refurbishments. Is the R4D the Navy
version of the Gooney? I also remember being at the Oshkosh Fly-In and seeing
a Gooney do a RATO ir JATO (rocket or jet assisted takeoff, for the ground
pounders). At any rate, I still would think it'd be better for loading and
unloading to have a trike-gear for hauling the Spridgets around, would seem a
C123 or C119 would fit the bill. But yeah, with  a C130 you could haul a bunch
more! What is that addage, something like "When the last C17 is flown in to
Davis-Monthan, there'll be a C130 there to pick up the crew".
Dan