Re: Brake Lights

To: "Christina Liebel" <kristi74midget@comcast.net>, "List Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Lights
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:55:32 -0800
Likely the brake light switch is stuck.  On the later cars it was also the
adjustment for the free play on the brake pedal, so it got pounded a lot and
then the plunger would retract and never come out again!!  There is a pair
of disconnects on wires to the switch, take them off and hook the brake
light ones together to see if they work.  That pinpoints the switch at
least.  A new one is inexpensive, but the configuration is different, so it
needs to be modified a bit to get it in without taking the pedal box loose.

Ain't upgrades wonderful?

Later, Paul A