Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:08:40 -0600 {sentby:smtp 192.190.246.2 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> I have done it both ways (interstate vs surface roads) more than once. The
> back road version is only possible when you have plenty of time. It takes
at
> least twice as long as the interstate.

That all depends on your definition of surface roads. For the last Sprite
Spree I drove from Chicago's northwest suburbs to PA via US30. Did not pay a
single toll and the trip that Google optimistically puts at 12 hours and 48
minutes to drive 689 miles took me about 14 and a half hours to drive 750
miles. Not a big difference and a lot more interesting drive, especially
through the Alleghanies. Did it again this last July with my daughter to go
to Kevin's PA LBC Rallye. A bit more fun with the 5-speed ad the RG engine.
David Lieb