Re: video tape

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: video tape
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:26:51 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Dec 5, 2005, at 7:15 PM, BCAH@aol.com wrote:

> When I was in England I bought a VHS tape  when I visited the
> Morgan factory.
> The chap there said it would play on my American machine but it
> will not. Is
> there any way to get it converted to the USA standard?

Some VCR's are/were manufactured for particular markets and VHS tapes
were made accordingly.  Presumably to reduce coping tapes made or
released in different markets.  It sounds like you have a USA VCR and
an international VHS tape.  Try playing it in some of your friends
VCR's and see if any one has a unit made for international tapes.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)
2000 Miata Special Edition