Place Names (Was Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Place Names (Was Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:44:19 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jim Johnson and Frank Clarici wrote:

> who still prefers Toad Lick in Appalachia...

You have something against Short Pump, Virginia?
Or what about Hoosic (however you spell it) who's sick, NY
Which is in the same state that has Cocksackie

Then there are various ones we've come across on endurance rallies in the
midwest. While running the Missouri Endurance, we've come very close to Pilot
Knob and (my favorite) Knob Lick, Missouri.

A couple years back, rallymasters Rick Ingram and RickVerhey took great
delight in making Spread Eagle, Wisconsin a checkpoint on the Around Lake
Michigan
endurance run with the Twist Summer Party. And it greatly appealed to their
sense of humor that they came up with a strip club there to be the actual
checkpoint.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA