A breed apart

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: A breed apart
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:41:31 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A few days ago, Mike Rivers posted a note about his need to replace a
bent rear backing plate.  He lives in Fullerton, a stone's throw from
me, and I said that I would check out the two bone yards I had heard of
in Southern California.  He said that he had once found parts at a
English car boneyard in Arizona, but did not remember where it was.

Jim Bauder, a Navy buddy from back in the Mesozoic (who totalled his
MGTF in a rally back then), has moved to Arizona and is active in TR
circles.  I sent him a note asking if he knew of any of "our" boneyards
in Aridzona, and although he didn't, he put out the word on HIS Internet
lists.  Back came a response from the TR folks:

       Glen Frost of the MG SHOP in  Tempe   480-967-5631

Yesterday, Mike let me know that his plea has been successful.

In this day and age when too many people seem to be more interested in
themselves than helping others, it is nice to know that the
Sprite/Midget crowd is not alone, and that our "brotherhood" knows no
marque bounds.

Buster Evans