Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Bugeye Group..... RE: SOS '05 wrap up

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Bugeye Group..... RE: SOS '05 wrap up
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:51:04 GMT jB1Ios93025446
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>, William Thompson <willy1959@gmail.com>, "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net, Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
I've had all the excitement one could want in one's llife. And had the Navy not
done
such a thorough background check and found my history of childhood asthma,
there is every indication my life would have been even more exciting.

But, in my past life I didn't have to look for something exciting to do.
Because I chose
as a profession something exciting to do
on a day to day basis. Big difference between the guy who sits in an office each
day and goes "daredevil" on the weekends
or on his vacations from time to time, practicing his hobby, whether it be
racing,
mountain climbing or whatever.

In essence, I "raced" 4 (and sometimes more) days a week for 30 years. I came up
the hard way in aviation. Way back when,
while you were safely tucked in your warm
bed sleeping, that airplane you might have
heard in the middle of a stormy night was
piloted by your's truly, flying your canceled
bank checks or US mail about, while
"making his bones" accumulating single-
pilot (no co-pilot, just me and good rock'n'
roll on the ADF to keep me awake!) instrument time in small, multi-engine
equipment so that one day he might qualify
in the better world of airline ops. in the (usually) "normal" daytime world, IF
the
opportunity presented itself.

Fortunately, it did. I got lucky. But I worked
hard for that "luck".

So, don't talk to me about livin' life, man.
My "adventuresome" hobby WAS my profession. And prior to that, this old guy
was living the life of a junior executive
in Manhattan, making the money to make
the foregoing a reality. Now, this part of my
life was quite an adventure in itself. A lotta
hard work, but a helluvalot of fun as well!

International advertising and sales promotion for a major tobacco company
had me involved all over the globe. Ya'
know how old I was? In my 20's. Sharp, highly motivated "kid"! :)

You feel the need to continue to test yourself or whatever you wanna call it by
any other name? Great! Knock youself out!

But I've "BTDT". Time for a well-earned rest
and a more peaceful and quiet existence on
the planet You can call it "gettin' old". I
call it "age appropriate good timing"! :):)

As for my psychological age....I'm a kid....but
a kid within a responsible adult who's grown to the extent he's become his own
"parent" and thus, his own
best friend and care-taker.

In any event....have fun....your way, while I go about having fun MY way, based
upon
MY own life experiences, rather than your's or those of another, neither of
which have anything whatsoever to do with me and my
own personal growth cycle.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog