RE: was re: engine run-in procedure, now not sure

To: "MICHAEL CARPENTER" <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[48F90500:01C5F754] jB2FMlYt024536
Subject: RE: was re: engine run-in procedure, now not sure
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:23:00 -0700
Hello,

Can you give me the link?

Also, I have a 1500cc engine, not a A series, so it is different from
the mini engine...
But from what I understand, you do a first run, with only the starter
and no plugs, or fuel line attached to get the oil going everywhere.
Then you fire it up for around 20 minutes (time changes slightly
depending on who you are talking to) at 2000 to 2500 rpm.
Oil change
Serie of Small runs (70 miles all together) with frequent verification
that all is still good and oil change at the end seems to be optional
Then the final 1000m break in with oil change the adjustment at the
end....

> Cyrille, I have found some help on the Mini-mania web site.  What do
you all
think is that a pretty good write-up on it?