Re: EGT Question

To: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: EGT Question
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:46:34 EST
In a message dated 12/18/2005 7:26:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
soavero@yahoo.com writes:
Thinking about adding an EGT gauge to the race Sprite header.  Question is,
what temp range should I be looking to achieve?  Engine is a 11.5:1 1275.
I, of the melted piston...what do I know...but when I put mine in, the advice
was 1350 is about as hot as you want to see.  Now, what I know for sure is
you want to put the gauge where it is in your field of vision.  Not down in the
console, where mine is.

Also, I have never regretted buying the dual gauge and putting a thermocouple
in the both the front and the rear header pipes.  A bit more specific on
whether one carb is more lean/rich than the other.

JohnD