Re: Brake shoe orientation

To: wrongwayricky@mac.com
Subject: Re: Brake shoe orientation
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:26:38 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Yes, I've got the wedges in there and all is functioning as it is
supposed to, except that the adjuster doesn't push the shoes out enough.
I've got a friend that has done many cars and has had similar problems
using new brake drums and new shoes.  He thinks that the new brake drums
are out of spec (too large) or that the shoes are too small.  He has
addressed the problem by welding a bit of metal on each end of the shoes.
 I don't have a welder handy and I was hoping that someone else had an
easier solution.