Re: [FOT] Fwd: Re: FW: Y I K E S !

To: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>,<fot@autox.team.net>, <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>,<f500@f500.org>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Fwd: Re: FW: Y I K E S !
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:16:50 -0700
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
At 10:00 PM 2/24/2006, Charly Mitchel wrote:
If you want to see a bunch of them go to: http://www.wreckedexotics.com/
Charly Mitchel TR6 #44
I am "immortalized" (kinda) on that website. Follow the link on it for "Car Crash Videos" which takes you to xwreck.com and the first sample on that page is of a Viper hitting the Turn 1 drivers side wall at Phoenix International head-on at 90 mph. I was the Instructor in the passengers seat of that car.

They must have taken that video off my own website where I have a much higher resolution version of it. http://www.microworks.net/dave/viper.html has the video, some still shots and my incident report as to what the driver did that caused the accident (downshift from 4th to 2nd at almost 100 mph!)

Another Instructor had a camera crew out at the track that day, on the roof of the suites at the end of the front straight, they were experimenting with a High-def camera - which is why the video is in "wide-screen" format. They focused on the Viper from the moment we came out of NASCAR 4 all the way down the front straight and into the wall. You can hear the cameraman say at the end of the clip on my site that he got the whole thing on tape.

=== Help keep Team.Net on the air
=== http://www.team.net/donate.html