Recommendation for anodizing and plating

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Recommendation for anodizing and plating
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:53:16 -0600
Hi guys
Just picked up the aluminum cockpit trim for the Sprite today, from Badger
Metal Finishing in St Francis (Milwaukee area) WI.
Really happy with it, so thought I'd mention it. They were able to do both the
polishing and anodizing. To get both of the door capping moldings and 2 sets
of the small curved pieces just above the "hood" stick sockets (on my Mk2) was
just over $200. A high falutin' place on the west coast said "minimum charge
$250". Nothing like a little personal attention huh? Let see how much MORE
money I can cram in to this thing.
Everyone I came in contact with at Badger was very professional but friendly.
Had lots of examples of their work in the office, seem to do lots of
restoration and custom cycle work. Great price and service. Dropped the
bumpers and guards off on the same trip, will report back on the chrome work.
Estimate higher for the bumpers, but most of this stuff has been battered by
the ugly stick a few extra times too. There's not much chrome on these so what
little you have you want to look nice.
Dan