Re: Wide tires add HP?

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wide tires add HP?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:36:01 -0500
Years ago I was a regular contributor to one of the Austin-Healey Club
national magazines. They changed editors giving the responsibility to a
woman whose qualifications for the job were probably that she was
someone's friend, or maybe an english  teacher, (You know english
teacher...British cars...kinda relates, doesn't it?)

Anyway, she edited two of my articles in a way that they made no sense.
When I inquired why the extensive edits were done, she explained that
the articles were too long, hence her hack job, and were more readable
after her edits.

She was never heard of before her tenure as editor, nor after she ceased
being editor so I don't think she knew a darn thing about Austin-Healey
or cars in general. Although she probably did have a driver's license.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/