Re: consumer rant

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: consumer rant
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:19:06 GMT
Well, Frank...

you got a special problem, here. 'Cause you've gotta deal with this
sub-standard crap 24/7.....
..........not only at home but on the job as well.

And it's the latter where it really hurts 'cause your jammed between keeping
prices reasonable for bidding purposes at
the risk of having to supply crap quality....
which, unless you're lucky, may have you
doing the job over again on your own dime.

Assuming the foregoing is accurate, the Far East has in reality, got it's hand
in YOUR
"rice bowl" and to one extent or another,
the "rice bowls" of all of us considering  poor quality is almost always more
expensive in the long run.

We kid you a lot about your rants in this respect but believe me, I think I
understand, man. And I don't think for a
minute I am alone, at least among the
older crowd who's seen better days for the
average guy, here in the gool ole' USA.

What goes around comes around and it
is well on it's way in terms of the general
shift in domestic wealth from the pockets
of the many to the pockets of the few.

Wages/salaries may be rising in this country, but nowhere near the rise in
general living costs. And it shows in what the average guy can afford in terms
of "quality".

Because the only ones in the US who can truly afford really good "old school"
quality  are the guys "upstairs" earning almost 500  times what the average
worker currently makes, as quality jobs disappear in favor of worse paying
ones....with more few "perks" for the average worker.

Still one of the best countries in the world
but........definitely going slowly downhill over my lifetime for sure as I
remember how relatively good things were for the (slowly disappearing) "middle
class" back
in the 50's, earlier 60's when the guys
"upstairs" earned an average of 24 times
what the average worker made in this
country.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)